Phone: (502) 584-7400
Fax: (502) 371-9210
Neil C. Bordy has a regional practice devoted to bankruptcy reorganization work and financial restructuring. Neil represents businesses and business owners throughout the Commonwealth of Kentucky and has a large practice in Southern Indiana. Many of the cases handled by Neil have been resolved with creditors without the necessity of filing bankruptcy. However, if a resolution cannot be reached Neil is a very experienced Bankruptcy Attorney and is proficient in representing companies and individuals in Chapter 11 or Chapter 7 Bankruptcies. Neil has also represented countless farmers in Chapter 12 Bankruptcies dating back to the 80’s. In addition to his bankruptcy reorganization work and financial restructuring practice, he represents Chapter 7 Trustees in various litigation matters.
Mr. Bordy is admitted to Courts in the Eastern and Western Districts of Kentucky, the Southern and Northern Districts of Indiana, the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals and Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals. Neil has authored many articles on various bankruptcy topics and has lectured at numerous regional bankruptcy seminars. Mr. Bordy is a former chairman of the Louisville Bar Association’s Bankruptcy Section. He also has a very active commercial litigation practice, representing both corporations and individuals.
Business First has named Neil Bordy "The Fixer". Bankruptcy attorney Neil Bordy helps troubled businesses reorganize and negotiate with creditors.
Please open link to see photo and article.
- Chapter 12 Bankruptcy for the Family Farmer, Louisville Lawyer
- Bankruptcy Reform - Areas of Disagreement, Bar Briefs, Louisville Bar Association
- Named in Kentucky Super Lawyers Magazine in the area of Bankruptcy, 2013 through 2019.
- Neil was named as a Top Rated Lawyer in Kentucky’s Legal Leaders in the area of Banking and Finance, Bankruptcy Law and Commercial Litigation, 2013. This honor is based on peer review.
- Neil was named in Louisville Magazine as a "Top Lawyer" in Bankruptcy Law 2013. The Top Lawyers were picked by their peers.
- Named in Kentucky Super Lawyers Magazine in the area of Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights, 2012
- Neil was named in Louisville Magazine as a "Top Lawyer" in Bankruptcy Law for 2012. The Top Lawyers were picked by their peers.
- Has achieved Martindale-Hubbell distinguished rating of AV Preeminent
- Named in Louisville Magazine in the practice of Bankruptcy Law, Commercial Law and Litigation, as one of the Best Lawyers in Louisville, 2011
- Named in Louisville Magazine in the practice of Bankruptcy Law, Commercial Law and Litigation, as one of the Best Lawyers in Louisville, 2009
- Named in Louisville Magazine in the practice of Bankruptcy and Commercial Litigation as one of the Best Lawyers in Louisville, 2008
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Louisville Bar Association, Bankruptcy Section, Former Chairman
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court Western District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
- University of Kentucky College of Law, Lexington, Kentucky, 1981, J.D.
- Indiana University, 1978, B.A. Political Science
- Honors: Graduated With Honors
- Major: Political Science
- Bankruptcy Reorganization
- Financial Restructuring
- Commercial Litigation
- In re Boddy, 950 F.2d 334 (6th Cir. 1991)
- In re Atwell, 148 B.R. 483 (Bankr. W.D. Ky. 1993)
- In re Conco, Inc., 855 F.3d 703 (6th Cir.)
- Caudill Seed & Warehouse Co. Inc v. Mark D. Rose, MMR Farms LLC , 868 F.3d 558
- (7th Cir. 2017)
- In re Linda J. Lane, 591 B.R. 298 (B.A.P. 6th Cir. 2018)
- In re Linda J. Lane, 604 B.R. 23 (B.A.P. 6th Cir. 2019)
- In re Linda J. Lane, 598 B.R. 595 (B.A.P. 6th Cir. 2019)
Seiller Waterman Pre and Post Bankruptcy Counseling
Seiller Waterman LLC helps people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code. We have been designated a “Debt Relief Agency” under federal law.