Phone: (502) 584-7400
Fax: (502) 371-9240
Glenn Cohen is an accomplished trial and appellate lawyer with immense experience in a wide range of areas of civil and commercial litigation, including: partnership and business disputes; shareholder disagreements and shareholder derivative actions; contract disputes; insurance coverage disputes; breach of fiduciary duty claims against corporate officers and directors; breach of fiduciary duty claims against majority or managing partners; executive compensation disputes; employment discrimination, retaliation and sexual harassment claims; toxic torts; construction contract disputes; libel and defamation claims; condemnation proceedings; claims of fraud and breach of fiduciary duty over wills, codicils and trusts; actions to enforce non-solicitation and non-compete agreements; and real estate, zoning and landlord-tenant disputes. In addition, Mr. Cohen has vast experience handling wrongful death and catastrophic personal injury claims.
Because Mr. Cohen represents both plaintiffs and defendants, he is able to think through and synthesize issues from all perspectives, distill complex cases to their essence, anticipate opponents’ tactics and advocate effectively on behalf of his clients. In representing Plaintiffs, Mr. Cohen has obtained numerous substantial, million-dollar-plus jury verdicts. On the defense side, Mr. Cohen has been equally effective, successfully defending clients against substantial, multi-million dollar claims before juries. In addition to his success at the trial court level, Mr. Cohen has successfully argued cases before the Kentucky Court of Appeals, the Kentucky Supreme Court, the Federal Sixth Circuit and Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals. He has helped establish legal precedent in several areas of the law, including the limitations of sovereign immunity, the First Amendment Rights of government employees in academic settings, various principles in employment law and various principles in business law.
Mr. Cohen has been recognized by his peers as one of Kentucky’s top rated lawyers in multiple practice areas such as general litigation, business litigation, personal injury and labor and employment law. As a well respected and formidable litigator, Mr. Cohen is regularly able to help his clients negotiate resolutions and resolve disputes on favorable terms short of trial.
- Glenn has achieved Martindale-Hubbell distinguished rating of AV Preeminent.
- Glenn was named in Louisville Magazine as a "Top Lawyer" in General litigation and Business litigation law. The Top Lawyers were picked by their peers.
- Named in Kentucky Super Lawyers Magazine in the area of Business Litigation, Personal Injury – General.
- Glenn was named as a Top Rated Lawyer in Kentucky’s Legal Leaders in the area of Banking and Finance, Commercial Litigation and General Practice. This honor is based on peer review.
- Named in Kentucky Super Lawyers Magazine in the area of Business Litigation.
- Glenn was named in Louisville Magazine as a "Top Lawyer" in Personal Injury Law (Plaintiff). The Top Lawyers were picked by their peers.
- Named in Louisville Magazine in the practice of Commercial Law and Litigation, as one of the Best Lawyers in Louisville.
- Named in Louisville Magazine in the practice of Bankruptcy Law, Commercial Law and Labor & Employment, as one of the Best Lawyers in Louisville.
- Named in Kentucky Super Lawyers Magazine in the area of General Litigation.
- Named one of the Best Lawyers in Louisville. Specific practice areas: Banking, Commercial, Labor & Employment, Litigation and Securities Law (Louisville Magazine 2008). Named one of the Best Lawyers in Louisville. Specific practice areas: Banking, Commercial, Labor & Employment, Litigation and Securities Law (Louisville Magazine).
- American Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Louisville Bar Association
- Member, Judicial Integrity Committee
- Louisville Bar Association
- Member, Independence Committee
- Kentucky Justice Association
- Kentucky, 1984
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Emory University School of Law, Atlanta, Georgia, 1983
- Northwestern University, 1980
- Commercial and Business Litigation
- Banking Litigation
- Insurance Bad Faith Litigation
- Shareholder Disputes
- Employment Litigation
- Wrongful Termination
- Wrongful Retaliation and Discrimination
- Sexual Harassment Claims
- Toxic Tort Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Condemnation and Land Use Litigation
- Securities Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- AEP Industries v. B.G. Properties, 533 S.W.3d 674 (Ky. 2017)
- Mathis & Sons, Inc. v. Commonwealth of Kentucky Transportation Cabinet, 738 Fed. Appx. 866 (6th Cir. 2018)
- Dugle ex rel. Dugle v. Norfolk Southern R. Co., 683 F.3d 263 (Ky. App. 2012)
- Nelson Insurance Agency v. Famex, Inc., 706 S.W.2d 838 (Ky. App. 1986)
- Calvert Investments, Inc. v. Louisville & Jefferson County Metropolitan Sewer District, 805 S.W.2d 133 (Ky. 1991)
- 500 Associates v. Vermont, American Corp., 1998 WL 34201910 (W.D. Ky. 1998)
- Hardy v. Jefferson Community College, 260 F.3d 671 (6th Cir. 2001)
- L.B. III v. Housing Authority of Louisville, 345 F. Supp. 2d 725 (W.D. Ky. 2004)
- Lumpkins ex rel. Lumpkins v. City of Louisville, 157 S.W.3d 601 (Ky. 2005)
- Brown v. Indiana Insurance Co., 184 S.W.3d 528 (Ky. 2005)