Phone: (502) 584-7400
Darryl W. Durham is a member of the Litigation Practice Group of the firm and has over forty years of civil litigation experience including business litigation, healthcare litigation, long-term care litigation, employment law litigation, contractual disputes and insurance litigation. He has represented healthcare plans and long-term disability plans in ERISA actions as well as healthcare providers before administrative boards. He has represented long-term care facilities in litigation as well as providing general counsel to small and mid-sized business organizations, both for-profit and non-profit.
During his career, Mr. Durham has served as a Medicare Part B hearing officer, provided representation before the Provider Reimbursement Review Board and served as an arbitrator in healthcare disputes.
Mr. Durham is a past president of the Louisville Bar Association, past president of the Louisville Bar Foundation, served on the Board of Governors for the Kentucky Bar Association and in various capacities in the American Bar Association. He has also served as a member of the Board of Directors for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, was twice Chair of the Community Health Charities of Kentucky Board, and has served as a member of the Public Advocacy Commission for the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
Mr. Durham is married to Kelly Durham, also a lawyer, the father of three children and is an avid golfer.
- Has achieved Martindale-Hubbell distinguished rating of AV Preeminent.
- Has been named at various times by Kentucky Monthly as a "Super Lawyer" in the area of insurance coverage.
- Was named in Louisville Magazine as a “Top Lawyer” in health care law, insurance law, and litigation.
- Received the Distinguished Service Award from the Louisville Bar Association.
- Louisville Bar Association (Secretary, 1984; Chair, Membership Committee, 1985-1986; Vice-President, 1985; President-Elect, 1986; President, 1987; Member, Salary and Performance Review Committee, 1988-1989; Executive Director, Search Committee, 1988; Member, Board of Directors, Long Range Planning Committee, 1984-1989)
- Kentucky Bar Association (Secretary/Treasurer, Young Lawyers Section, 1979-1980; Vice-President, 1980-1981; President-Elect, 1981-1982; President, 1982-1983; Chairman, Paralegal Committee, 1985-1986; Member: House of Delegates, 1984-1986 and 1989-1994; Board of Governors, 1982-1983)
- American Bar Association (Member, District Representative, Kentucky and Indiana, Young Lawyers Division, 1983-1985; Chairman, National Conferences, 1985-1986; Director, Young Lawyers Division, 1986-1987; Executive Council Coordinator, 1987-1988; Member: Forum Committee on Health Law; Standing Committee on Forums, 1989-1991; Litigation Section; Participant, 1987 ABA Consumer Finance Law Debate)
- Louisville Bar Foundation (Member, Board of Directors, 1983-1988 and 1992-1996; Treasurer, 1992; Vice-President, 1993; President-Elect, 1994; President, 1995)
- Citizens for Better Judges (Chairman, 2012; Vice Chairman, 2011; and Treasurer, 2010)
- Community Health Charities of Kentucky (Member, Board of Directors, 1995-present; Chairman, 1997-1999 and 2007-2009)
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society of Kentucky (Member, Board of Trustees, 2001-2007)
- Jefferson County Public Schools (Law Related Education Advisory Board, Chair, 1988-1991)
- Public Advocacy Commission (Member, 2013-2017)
- National Association of College Lawyers
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court Western District of Kentucky
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit
- University of Louisville School of Law, Louisville, Kentucky, 1977
- Vanderbilt University, 1974
- General Business Counsel
- Civil Litigation
- Health Insurance Coverage Disputes
- Healthcare Litigation
- Labor and Employment